Unable to add group as favorite in Outlook PWA

Copper Contributor

We have a (Teams) group called 'Development' with a group email address that is public and used for alerts and such. I've discovered that when I go to the Sharepoint page of the group there is a 'conversations' tab that links to the group.

Screenshot 2020-02-11 at 11.59.24.png 

I use the Outlook PWA so it takes me to a new browser tab:

Screenshot 2020-02-11 at 11.59.50.png

This view is very useful because I can see all the group mail in one place instead of my main inbox. So I  star this group and it'll shows up in my favorites.

Screenshot 2020-02-11 at 12.00.19.png

Note that this URL is 'outlook.office365.com' and not 'outlook.office.com', if I go to my installed outlook PWA the favorite is not there and it is not searchable in my groups. If I close and reopen outlook trough office.com the favorite is also gone. If I uninstall the PWA and reinstall the Outlook PWA from the view where the group is added to favorites (the office365.com url) it will also not show and use office.com.

The group view only viewable via the Sharepoint Homepage which is unfortunate. Is this a caching, start_url or other issue.

Also, it would be great if the actual email address created via the Teams group is not capitalized like the group name.

1 Reply
I also have this issue and I cannot seem to find a solution for it. Have you gotten anywhere with this?