Whiteboards stored in Onedrive for Business

Copper Contributor

Hi,

according to Roadmap "Whiteboard: Storage in OneDrive for Business", new whiteboards will be stored in the Onedrive for Business of the user who creates the new whiteboard. According to documentation "Enable Microsoft Whiteboard on OneDrive for Business", this will be the case even if the whiteboard was started in a channel, meeting or chat, and regardles of the organisator of the meeting.

This raises questions regarding ownership and sharing abilities. To align with MS365 as it works in many other places, I would expect the following features/results:

• A whiteboard that was startet in a channel (e.g. as a tab) is owned by the channel; it is stored in the appropiate sharepoint document library (like recordings and the like). All channel members have access to it, including guest if they are part of the team. This would be true for whiteboards created in channel meetings, as well.
  • A whiteboard startet in any non-channel meeting is owned by the meeting organiser, no matter who startet it. All participants will have access to it according to the general sharing settings in my Onedrive for Business.
  • A whiteboard startet in any non-channel chat will belong to the one who started it. All participants will have access to it according to the general sharing settings in my Onedrive for Business.

I am wondering if I either misunderstood this on a very fundamental level - but if not I am asking to reconsider this upcoming change.

Kind regards

Jim

0 Replies