Global search not working when online

Copper Contributor

Hello to all,

I'm facing the same exact issue as the one described in this (locked) thead: OneNote Online search not working
Whatever I put on the "search my notebooks" box here the answer is always "No search results found"
Looks like it could be a global issue.
Under my account, global (all notebooks) search works fine using the desktop app and the smartphone app, the issue is only when using OneNote online.
I've opened a support chat session  (reference number 1018366434) and I've been suggested to reopen a thread here, so here I am.

1 Reply

@gpion - apparently the limited search is "working as intended" but "not as expected". :(

It's described in this article listing the differences between OneNote app and OneNote web.

I agree with Mike over in the Answers post you linked to. This is poor coding and should have been fixed long ago.

I don't want to have to install or have a locally installed OneNote to access all our OneNote files, which are all properly stored in OneDrive, and thereby accessible from any machine I currently have access to. I should just have to login to Office.com and then open my OneNote and find all my content.