Error with OneNote Notebooks in OneDrive

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi,

when I try to create a new OneNote Notebook directly in the local synchronisation of OneDrive I receive the message next to each Notebook "Read Only"

and below the section there is a error message: "This section can't be edited because it's in an archive format. Click here to enable editing". If I click on that it gives me a dialogue box to move the current section into another Notebook. Even it was fresh created without any content inside.

audi.png

5 Replies

@Deleted wrote:

Hi,

when I try to create a new OneNote Notebook directly in the local synchronisation of OneDrive I receive the message next to each Notebook "Read Only"

and below the section there is a error message: "This section can't be edited because it's in an archive format. Click here to enable editing". If I click on that it gives me a dialogue box to move the current section into another Notebook. Even it was fresh created without any content inside.

audi.png

I've had the same problem.  I found that opening the OneNote file from the One Drive web app fixed it but I'd appreciate a better solution.

Creating OneNote notebooks directly in the local OneDrive folder is not supported and should be avoided.

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2933738/restrictions-and-limitations-when-you-sync-sharepoi...

Thanks Salvatore.  Much appreciated!

So this information doesn't make sense when you look at the sharing options for the notebook.  It specifically says it needs to be stored on a OneDrive in order to share it.  Am I missing something?

OneNote-share.png

had same problem, missing bit that I have Office2013 and that is only supported for 2016. Before I had Windows 7 and had no way, now upgraded to Windows 10 and can use the open from onedrive browser to onedrive app (not onedrive desktop) and that works... to get it properly working should get 2016 version and use share feature as instructed