Block Office Store Add-in Problems

Copper Contributor

I am having an issue where my company wants to block access to the Office store, but though we set the policies correctly, our testers can still access the Office store through Outlook and install apps. Below are the policies we have set for Office 2013 and Office 2016:

• User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Office 2013\Security Settings\Trust Center\Trusted Catalogs\Block the Office Store - Enabled
  • User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Office 2013\Security Settings\Trust Center\Trusted Catalogs\Block Apps for Office - Enabled
  • User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Office 2013\Security Settings\Trust Center\Trusted Catalogs\Allow Unsecure Apps and Catalogs - Disabled
  • User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Outlook 2013\Outlook Options\Other\Hide the Office Store Button - Enabled
  • User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Office 2016\Security Settings\Trust Center\Trusted Catalogs\Block the Office Store - Enabled
  • User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Office 2016\Security Settings\Trust Center\Trusted Catalogs\Block Apps for Office - Enabled
  • User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Office 2016\Security Settings\Trust Center\Trusted Catalogs\Allow Unsecure web add-ins and Catalogs - Disabled
  • User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Outlook 2013\Outlook Options\Other\Hide the Office Store Button - Enabled
  • User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Outlook 2016\Outlook Options\Other\Hide the Office Store Button - Enabled

The Office Store button is successfully removed, however, there is still a bar in emails that sometimes, not all the time, has a link to "Get more add-ins" which directs the user to the Office Store from where they can successfully add apps.

Getmoreapps1.jpg

We also have the Office Store off in our admin portal, and yet users can still get there:

OfficeStoreOff.PNGI feel like I'm missing something. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Replies