MFCMAPI does not show "Top of information Store" in Root Container.. what am I doing wrong?

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I have a user with corrupt inbox-rules and usually I remove them with MFCMAPI, but somehow it wont show the Top of information Store in the Root container...

I don't do this enough to see what I'm doing wrong now.. 

Few things I know should be this: 

• MFCMAPI in elevated prompt
  • Exchange cache modus is turned off
  • Default profile

What am I missing here?

4 Replies

Well, what do you see? Do you have the MDB_ONLINE and the MAPI_NO_CACHE options selected? Don't forget to relog the session or restart MFCMAPI when toggling them.

I've got them toggled as well yeah, I see everything except the top of the information store..

Screen please, hard to guess like that.

I have user with the problem of not being able to use Outlook with cache enabled. According KB 3046189 this could be solve by modifying a attribute under "Top of Information Store" , but this folder is missing, Tried to recreate by using some Outlook switches or manually creating it. In the old days there was the possibility to repair a mailbox, but not anymore in MS365. Does someone now howto reset the Root coniatinerfolder structure shown in MFCMapi.

Issue and solution.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/troubleshoot/performance/cannot-start-outlook-in-cached-mod...