GSuite mail migration to Office 365 mail using IMAP. Do you have any tips to successfully migration?

Brass Contributor

Anyone who have tips how to migrate GSuite emails to office 365 emails using IMAP in EAC?

Customer have 600 users in GSuite and their mailbox size is about 30G, and we should migrate their mailboxes to office 365 Exchange Online , I think it is best option or not,  but some colleagues recommended to me use not IMAP but third party tool, but we have some difficulties to buy third party tools to migrate user mailboxes, so do you have any tips to go proceed successfully with IMAP or PST manually upload it.

If I use IMAP protocol to migrate office 365 from GSuite, it tends to happen duplicate messages issues, is it true? If it is true, what should I do and which consideration do I check and make list?

Please give me a advice for successfully to proceed migration!

1 Reply

You'll get a better experience overall using a third-party tool, but if the price is prohibitive you can use the MS tools, which got recently updated: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mailbox-migration/perform-g-suite-migration