Forward to multiple email addresses

Copper Contributor

I have a need to have an email account (Exchange) forward email to an address that does NOT have an account in the exchange server (think Teams Channel email address), AND I need to simultaneously forward to a secondary offsite address that is not in Exchange. It appears that I can only forward to a single email address.

A DL requires establishing a mail account for the Teams Channel email address (wasting a license).

A Shared group doesn't seem to automatically forward to all group members.

Are the Exchange gurus here aware of any other options?

3 Replies
If you want to use exchange then you need to create two mail contacts. One for teams and other for ext. user address. Then a DL to forward to both via forward.

You could also if you have the login. Log into the mailbox and put a flow on it for new message receive forward to x and y.

If enabled in exchange you could also login to owa on the account and set forwarding rules that run on the server.

@Chris Webb Thanks Chris, The combination of an Active User and a Contact in a DL solves my issue. And it will be easier to explain to non-prof mail admins.

It's too bad that there isn't a switch to send a Group address to ALL members.

Arnie

If by "shared group" you mean an Office 365 Group, you need to "subscribe" the members in order to deliver messages directly to their inbox.

As for the original ask, you can also use mail flow rules to redirect to any recipient, or add recipients if you want to keep a copy in the originally designated recipient's mailbox.