SOLVED

Exchangeonline

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone

I have a tenant M365 that I synchronize with an onprem AD.
I manage my distribution groups from the onprem,
Now I would like to manage a distribution list with external contacts. or create a group of external contacts.

For the moment I can only create a user mail that appears in the "allcontacts" of my users

Is this possible?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Edwin335 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Not sure I understand the question here. You can create mail contacts, either directly in Exchange Online or in AD, and then add them to a DG. If you are managing all DGs from AD, best create the contacts there too. The "All Contacts" list is separate, if you don't want the contacts to appear therein you can toggle the "hide from GAL" flag (msExchHideFromAddressLists).
Yes you got it, Ok I managed to manage the contacts external to my organization via AD.

Thanks
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Edwin335 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Not sure I understand the question here. You can create mail contacts, either directly in Exchange Online or in AD, and then add them to a DG. If you are managing all DGs from AD, best create the contacts there too. The "All Contacts" list is separate, if you don't want the contacts to appear therein you can toggle the "hide from GAL" flag (msExchHideFromAddressLists).

View solution in original post