Cross Tenant Migration MRS Access Denied

Copper Contributor

So I am trying to perform a cross tenant migration and follow each step. 

I am getting failures on Test-migrationServeravailbility.

any ideas

RunspaceId : ced2e342-3925-4143-8d8d-8aa61acbc60b
Result : Failed
Message : The connection to the server 'outlook.office.com' could not be completed.
SupportsCutover : False
ErrorDetail : Microsoft.Exchange.Migration.MigrationServerConnectionFailedException: The connection to the server 'outlook.office.com' could not be completed. --->
Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationService.MRSRemoteTransientException: The call to 'https://sybp282mb2304.ausp282.prod.outlook.com/mrs/Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationService.Prox...' failed.
Error details: Access is denied.. ---> Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationService.MRSRemotePermanentException: Access is denied.
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationService.MailboxReplicationServiceFault.ReconstructAndThrow(String serverName, VersionInformation serverVersion)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Connections.Common.WcfClientWithFaultHandling`2.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<CallService>b__0()
at Microsoft.Exchange.Net.WcfClientBase`1.CallService(Action serviceCall, String context)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Connections.Common.WcfClientWithFaultHandling`2.CallService(Action serviceCall, String context)
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationService.WcfClientWithVersion`2.CallService(Action serviceCall, String context)
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationService.MailboxReplicationServiceClient.GetMailboxInformation(RequestJobBase requestJob, Guid primaryMailboxGuid, Guid physicalMailboxGuid, TenantPartitionHint
partitionHint, ADObjectId targetMdbAdObjectId, String targetMdbName, String remoteHostName, String remoteOrgName, Guid requesterOrgId, String remoteDCName, NetworkCredential cred, MailboxConnectFlags
mailboxConnectFlags)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Migration.MigrationExchangeProxyRpcClient.GetMailboxInformation(TransactionalRequestJob requestJob, Guid primaryMailboxGuid, Guid physicalMailboxGuid, TenantPartitionHint partitionHint,
ADObjectId targetMdbAdObjectId, String targetMdbName, String remoteHostName, String remoteOrgName, Guid requesterOrgId, String remoteDCName, NetworkCredential cred, LocalizedException& error)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Exchange.Migration.MigrationEndpointVerifier.GetMailboxInformation(String remoteServer, TransactionalRequestJob requestJob, Guid primaryMailboxGuid, Guid physicalMailboxGuid, String
sourceTenantName, Guid targetTenantId, TenantPartitionHint targetTenantPartitionHint, ADObjectId targetMdbId, NetworkCredential appCred)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Migration.MigrationService.Endpoint.TestMigrationServerAvailability.InternalProcessCrossTenantScenario()
at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Migration.MigrationService.Endpoint.TestMigrationServerAvailability.InternalProcessEndpoint(Boolean fromAutoDiscover)
TestedEndpoint :
IsValid : True
Identity :
ObjectState : New

Here is a link to the article I am following: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/enterprise/cross-tenant-mailbox-migration?view=o365-w... 

12 Replies
Did you consent to the application in the source tenant?

@Vasil Michev 

Yes, it was already done, consented to an application on the source tenant.

I am experiencing the same error and have also ensure that admin consent has been granted in the source tenant.
Thanks, at least I am not the only one getting this. I would prefer to validate the permissions on the App you created on both tenants. Just to be sure its configured for 'Mailbox Migration"
Nope, not just you. I have verified the app in the target tenant has the correct permissions and also provided admin consent to the application in the source tenant. Still no luck. Hopefully, someone will find an answer soon!
Honestly, I was taken aback when MS support mentioned that I need to contact a solution provider for this and this is out of their scope. Hence the reason, I ended up posting the question here. Let's hope someone has success with this.
Just found this contact address for support issues: crosstenantmigrationpreview@service.microsoft.com
Hello folks, any update on this? Has anybody gotten this to work? Any feedback is appreciated.

@madscientist5500 yes, my issue was due to mismatched Admin consent.. meaning I used the incorrect tenant domain in the consent URL. I also had an issue during one of my tests due to OAuth Application ID not being associated to the Migration Endpoint. 

All of my help came from emailing Email address removed. They were extremely helpful in determining the exact issue.

The same issues... Any update for this case?
Hello,
I have the exact same error.
I recreated everything: the app, the endpoint and the org relationship, carefully following the procedure.
When I test it fails again with the exact same message!
I've been trying to make it work for days now. How comes I can migrate mailboxes from anywhere to EOL but cross tenant migration is so painful?

A solution provider to migrate from EOL to EOL ? Are they jocking ?