Support for RoamingProfileLocation

Copper Contributor

Hello,

We would like to see support for "RoamingProfileLocation" like Chrome has.

We use this so favorites, passwords, ... is stored on our fileserver. Whenever a user moves to another desktop they still have their own favorites and passwords.

With Edge the only option is to move the UserDataDir (and move back the DiskCacheDir). But even then there is way too much data synced between the fileserver and the clients. This is especially an issue when working over VPN.

Anyone else having this issue, or a fix for this problem?

regards,

Stijn

6 Replies
Thanks for the feedback Stijn, we are tracking this policy and I have provided your feedback within the team.

@mkruger Do you have any update about this?

Like @bin_da said, there are others with the same issue.

We also see that if the connection to the file share drops (laptop in standby, switching networks), edge crashes. When we restart Edge it is able to recover opened tabs most of the time, but it's not something we want to deploy to all our users.

@Stijn_H_vdk 

No updates I can share at this time, but I will provide your further feedback and inquiry within the Edge team.

@bin_da 

Yes, please feel free to add an idea to the Edge Enterprise User Voice site for this. While I don't have any information I can share, support for RoamingProfileLocation is something we continue to track and input from User Voice can help.