Still no extended stable with urgent security Fixes in download

Iron Contributor

One week after V99 was published with important security fixes there is still no extended stable v98 available for download.

Seems Microsoft doesnt care for enterprise security. Since the extended stable its always the same. 

Better you rename the channel to extended unsecure channel.

6 Replies
Another day with a still unpatched extended unsecure channel.

@Joachim_T Hello - The Extended Stable Channel has been updated to Version 98.0.1108.76.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-relnote-stable-channel#version-980110876-... Thanks! 

-Kelly

@Kelly_Y.

Thanx. The unbelievable miracle really happen after decades of waiting. But guess what. Once again the information about if or if not the security fixes are included are not published.

The phrase "Fixed various bugs and performance issues for Extended Stable release" just means nothing and has no bit or byte of information in it.

So i have to hope the best and just guess that i can now secure my company

Anyway. The Edge releases notes are often mostly useless for all channels. Not only for the extended.

Mhh i am maybe a little bit to frustrated and worried to write here. Maybe to much sarcasm in my lines.

Joachim

@Joachim_T Hi!  Sorry, I'm not an expert about Security Updates.  Do you have more information about the urgent security fixes?  Are there specific CVE numbers?  I can check with the team to verify they are included in the most recent Extended Stable Release.  Thanks! 

-Kelly

@Kelly_Y.
Unfortunatly your release notes for V99 just refers to https://msrc.microsoft.com/update-guide and you have to find yourself instead of a proper listings :(

Regarding to this there are 21 CVEs coming with V99 on 3rd of march not only one. And in this CVEs you cant find any further information if they are also fixed in V98 extended stable. Just the fixes for V99 are documented.

Overall i hate this mixing of major version changes and security updates. In a enterprise of course you do a full scale regression test with your major enterprise web applications before you rollout a new major version of your browser. But if there are security fixes included it sets you under strong time pressure to get this done. But thats IMHO bad behavior of the chromium team ignoring enterprise needs not Microsofts fault.

@Joachim_T Following up regarding the Extended Stable Channel.  Currently Microsoft Edge is aligned with Chrome in regards to the disclosure of Security Updates for Extended Stable releases.  We do understand your concern and I have passed your feedback on to the team for improvements in the future.  Thank you! 

-Kelly