Modify Registry Keys to launch MS Edge in Compatibility Mode

Copper Contributor

Hello Folks having an issue at a small enterprise level

Infosec reached out to me stating that a the main server we use to run our Testing Automation scripts needs to be retired due to security vulnerabilities.  This will severely impacts our daily work since we depend on older version of IE and the server to run our automated scripts.  

The solution proposed is to use the new Microsoft Edge browser under compatibility mode, but this change needs to happen at the registry level since when the browser is launched, it is done programmatically using the Selenium library in Java.  Unfortunately the libraries that control ME Edge do not provide the ability to run under compatibility mode.

The ask in this ticket is to work with me to modify the registry key(s) on my laptop that will enable MS Edge to ALWAYS launch under IE compatibility mode.  Part of this work is to find the keys that control this functionality, I don't know what they are.

Any thing helps or suggestions, thank you!
2 Replies

@mboualam Hi!  I'm not sure if this will help but have you tried IEDriver?  Here is a link to the documentation: Use Internet Explorer Driver to automate IE mode in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Development | Mi...

-Kelly

Hi Kelly! Yes we have tried the IEdriver with no success :(