Local cached location for the Enterprise Site list changed?

Copper Contributor

During some troubleshooting regarding IE Mode, I noticted that the (till now used) "EmieSiteList.xml" file in %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Edge\User Data is not used anymore*. Instead, it looks like there is a "SiteList.xml" in %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\<profile> which gets updates/created during Edge usage.

* Its not updated or created (when you rename or delete the original file) after +- 65sec of Edge usage.

I can't find any changes regarding this in the Stable release notes. When did this change? The reason I'm asking is because of our non-persistent VDI environment. We have to specify which files to save during logoff. Till now, we used these instructions  without any issues. But if the "EmieSiteList.xml" is now 'obsolete', we would have liked to know and make changes accordingly. 

2 Replies

@marceldk Hi!  Thanks for reaching out!  I'm checking with the IE mode team and will follow up with any insights.  

-Kelly

@Kelly_Y hi, we've noticed that the last time the old file (EmieSiteList.xml) was updated, was around the beginning of March. According to the release notes, thats about the time v89.x was released to the Stable Channel. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-relnote-stable-channel#version-89077445-m...

It mentions a change regarding the Site List but doesn't mention anything regarding changes on the file system like we noticed. 

The Enterprise Mode Site List Manager tool will be available in the browser through the edge://compat page. You can use this tool to create, edit and export your site list XML for Internet Explorer mode on Microsoft Edge. You can enable access to this tool as needed through group policy.