IE mode works, but isn't applied on first run

Copper Contributor

Anyone experienced that the sitelist isn't applied on first run. I need to refresh the page(one or several times) to get it working.

I see settings are correct: edge://policy/

and on first run I see at this page that nothing is loaded. the force button works. or if I refresh one or more times until I see it is loaded

edge://compat/enterprise

the sitelist was on a unc path. but I later moved it to local path for troubleshooting this issue.
I have tried to set the sitelist both with user GPO and computer GPO. 

every time I delete the Preferences file under the profile and run edge, I see this issue.

The system is win 2009 server. it's a citrix server.

The user runs edge with powershell:

$exefie = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe"
$arguments = "--profile-directory=Default https://websiteINIEmode.com"
$workdir = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\"

Start-Process $exefie $arguments -WorkingDirectory $workdir -NoNewWindow

I also tested from citrix desktop a normal edge shortcut with the website in the parameter added. same result.

sorry not much details comes up. any ideas of what I can try?

3 Replies

@Thoruu 

I struggled with this early on as well. I have found that there is about a 1-minute delay between when the browser launches and when IE mode becomes active. During this time, it appears that the browser is importing your site list XML, and generating a file called EmieSiteList.xml in %localappdata%\Microsoft\Edge\User Data. Once that file gets created, IE mode should start triggering.

I've experimented with prepopulating the EmieSiteList.xml file in this directory, but the delay still occurs. 

I don't have a solution, but this might help shed light on what is going on.