SOLVED

How to Remove Edge Ad Banner and Leave Button

Copper Contributor

I've added a legacy app to the Enterprise Mode Site List, but now there is an annoying banner coming up (see attached). I need to get rid of this so users don't hit the [Leave] button and to reclaim those pixels for the app. Please help.

9 Replies
Hi @tysonsmith ,

seems like the following articles might help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/edge-learnmore-neededge
-> "Disable redirection to Mircosoft Edge"

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-begins-to-finally-kill-off-internet-explor...

Best regards,
Schnittlauch

"First, No system is safe. Second, Aim for the impossible. Third no Backup, no Mercy" - Schnittlauch

My answer helped you? Don't forget to leave a like. Also mark the answer as solved when your problem is solved. :)

@Schnittlauch thank you for your response. I've read both and it seems as though they are about sites that are incompatible with IE being prompted to go to Edge. This is the reverse. I'm in Edge with a site that is not compatible. I've followed the recent recommended steps on how to run IE in Edge for incompatible sites but this banner shows up asking the users to switch back to Edge. That seems to defeat the purpose of the support to get everyone in Edge by supporting legacy corporate apps. I'm probably missing something you've hit on so I will re-read and try the settings but it doesn't seem clear at the moment.

Ah true, my fault. Now I got you.
Uhm that's a good question.
It would be typical, that u can't turn it off.
I don't have for real an answer.
Is Edge up to date?
My fault sry :)
Let's hope someone knows the answer.

Best regards,
Schnittlauch

"First, No system is safe. Second, Aim for the impossible. Third no Backup, no Mercy" - Schnittlauch

My answer helped you? Don't forget to leave a like. Also mark the answer as solved when your problem is solved. :)

@tysonsmith Hello!  Just to confirm, have you followed the steps from our documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/edge-ie-mode) to configure IE mode?  Is the site opened in IE mode via the site list?  

Or are you on a consumer device and loading the page in IE mode using the menu option ("..." >More tools > Reload in Internet Explorer Mode) as described here Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge - Office Support?  

My understanding is you should not see that message if the site is opened in IE mode via the site list.  Thanks! 

-Kelly

@Kelly_Y 

Thanks Kelly. Yes, followed instructions and using site list. Please see attached.

@tysonsmith Thanks for confirming!  I'll check with the IE mode team and follow up with any updates/insight.  

-Kelly

best response confirmed by tysonsmith (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Kelly - Just automatically got a version update to Edge - 91.0.864.37 (Official build) (64-bit) and the banner is gone!

@tysonsmith Great to hear!  Thanks for following up with the update!  

-Kelly

@tysonsmith 

So, here... apps are  managed by your organization

Version 96.0.1054.57 (Official build) (64-bit)

And the Leave button banner bar is present all the time. Have to click the X to close it each time.
Any suggestions to forward to the "managed by your organization" powers that be?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by tysonsmith (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Kelly - Just automatically got a version update to Edge - 91.0.864.37 (Official build) (64-bit) and the banner is gone!

View solution in original post