How to get new features while NonRemovableProfileEnabled=enabled?

Brass Contributor

Hello, 

in the changelog of Version 88.0.705.50 for new SSO capabilities the following is mentioned:

"Note: A user may have to sign out and then sign back in if they'd signed into Microsoft Edge in a version prior to Microsoft Edge 88 to leverage this feature."

How can we achieve this if we have set NonRemovableProfileEnabled=enabled ?

btw. we also had issues with work profile sync in which the MS support asked to re-sign-in, but users are prevented from sign-out with this policy set.

Best regards

Joe

4 Replies

@Johannes Goerlich Hi Joe - I've just spoken to our Identity Team and they recommended to turn off the NonRemovableProfileEnabled policy, remove the profile and add it back.

Also, they had a few notes to mention:

• This feature applies only to Windows 7, 8, 8.1, till Window 10 RS2. There are no changes in Windows 10 RS3 and above.
  • The non-removable profile in question should be AAD. This does not impact on-premises.

Thanks for reaching out! 

-Kelly

Hello Kelly,

thanks for your support!
As we have a middle six-digit number of users it is basically not feasible to coordinate this procedure for all of them. How do you handle this within Microsoft?

Best regards
Joe

@Johannes Goerlich Hi Joe!  I see, that is a lot of users!  I'll check with the team and see if they have any further recommendations.  

-Kelly

@Johannes Goerlich Hi Joe - The team has been discussing internally.  Basically it is necessary to build new functionality, that when needed would put a user in a state where they must sign in.  

As this would be a Feature Request for the team, they have recommended reaching out to Premier Support or https://support.serviceshub.microsoft.com/supportforbusiness.  They will be able to work with you to understand the scope of the issue and then file a ticket to get the request added to the team's backlog.  

Thanks for reaching out! 

-Kelly