ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Copper Contributor

I upgraded to build 80.0.345 on the Edge DEV channel. For the first time since using Edge DEV, I am receiving ERR_CONNECTION_RESET for any web site (prior to this Edge DEV has been working great!). I am having to use Windows 10 Edge instead. I checked this on another computer (both computers are running Windows 10 Pro 1909 Editions) and it was doing the same thing (same build). I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, same message.

10 Replies
Not a solution, but installed Edge BETA and that is working.
Hi,
Try disabling all your extensions (if any) temporarily, then try resetting any custom flags set back to their defaults, something is obviously messing with your network connection.

a 3rd party packet capturing app like Fiddlers can causes these issues too if not properly configed, or a Firewall.

@HotCakeX Sorry, but I was away. Anyhow, I uninstalled Fiddler 4 and rebooted. No change. I updated Edge Dev to 80.0.355.1 and it still continues to give this error. I am using the built-in Windows Security. I have tried to use the flags "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge Dev\Application\msedge.exe" --profile-directory=Default --disable-features=RendererCodeIntegrity and tried Windows 8 compatibility mode. None of those work. I know you said it must be a network issue but why does Edge Beta work perfectly fine on this computer then (it is running on build 79.0.309.43)? In fact, the Windows 10 Edge, Firefox all work fine on this computer and up until the last two builds even Edge Dev worked. Is there some tool I can run to upload some data to Microsoft to troubleshoot this?

Please note, I have no Extensions installed.

@ArnoldG 

Spoiler

@ArnoldG wrote:

@HotCakeX Sorry, but I was away. Anyhow, I uninstalled Fiddler 4 and rebooted. No change. I updated Edge Dev to 80.0.355.1 and it still continues to give this error. I am using the built-in Windows Security. I have tried to use the flags "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge Dev\Application\msedge.exe" --profile-directory=Default --disable-features=RendererCodeIntegrity and tried Windows 8 compatibility mode. None of those work. I know you said it must be a network issue but why does Edge Beta work perfectly fine on this computer then (it is running on build 79.0.309.43)? In fact, the Windows 10 Edge, Firefox all work fine on this computer and up until the last two builds even Edge Dev worked. Is there some tool I can run to upload some data to Microsoft to troubleshoot this?

Yes, there is a tool to run and upload data to Microsoft,

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

that should capture and send all the required data

@HotCakeX How do I know if it was successfully sent? 

You should get an Email after few minutes confirming that they received your feedback. but uhh looks like that website with the thank you note also fails to load

Hi, @ArnoldG ,

did you get anywhere with this?  I'm seeing the same issues with Edge 80.0.355.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit).

I would say that 80-90% of all traffic fails, but only with Edge.  I have tried resetting the flags back to default, removed all extensions and even run in InPrivate mode.  I only see this issue with MSEdge Dev.  Native Win 10 Edge and Chrome have no problem what-so-ever navigating from my computer.

If you learn more, please post here.

Thanks

David

@rabahhennouscdphca A later major build corrected the issue.