Would you please remove "ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED" ?

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Unfortunately, Microsoft Edge is nothing more than Chrome clone. Perhaps the developers are not aware that if we want Chrome, it's one click away.

Anyway, I'd very much like to see "ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED" gone. It is annoying and not useful at all.

Regards

Omid

5 Replies

@Shojaee We appreciate you reaching out and we're sorry to hear that you're feeling some frustration. We recognize and celebrate the fact that users can choose from a multitude of browsers, as it ensures that the internet is an open and collaborative environment. Our team is committed to doing whatever we can to create a browser that uniquely delivers on security, reliability, accessibility, and performance, and in doing so, we welcome feedback and suggestions!

On that note, here are a couple of questions for you:

1. If you haven't yet, can you please submit details and diagnostic data if/when you encounter this error again? (Shift+Alt+I in the browser) 
  2. Do you see this same behavior on different devices? It doesn't look like we have any known issues around this, so it may be related to your machine's configuration
  3. Is there anything else that would improve your experience on Microsoft Edge?

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Hello @Deleted ,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Actually you haven't created anything unique here. Edge is just a lousy replica of Chrome, with all of its shortcomings.

Regarding the error, you should ask the developers why and when it appears. I see it on both desktop and Android. Somehow it is related to switching from WiFi to mobile data or vise versa, or connecting/disconnecting VPN connection, and when I click/tap on Reload, it goes away.

Please contact the development team and let me know their reason for implementing it.

Regards

Omid

@Shojaee Thanks for the details, Omid. The good news is that seems to be an intended message, based on your specific device's behavior. 

If that error only appears when you switch your network, then the error appears to be happening when it's expected. It's simply letting you know that the network you are connected to has changed, and that's why a refresh resolved the error. If it's appearing during a time when your connection does not change, please do submit feedback via the browser itself so that the team can investigate what might be happening!

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Hello @Deleted 

Why switching network is an "error" ????? Definition of "error" is changed ?????

Why my browsing should be interrupted because network is switched ?????

Why no any other browser - including IE and old Edge - didn't consider network switch an "error" ????

Why you just copy everything from Chrome without analyzing and studying??????

Hi @Deleted 

Still need to understand why I have to click/tap on "refresh" (sometime more than one time) just because network is changed.