Work/School Account Sync?

Iron Contributor

In Microsoft Edge Dev 77.0.235.5 on Mac I am signed into a work Microsoft account and noticed that the profile UI showed that Settings sync could be enabled for the same set of things as a personal Microsoft account. I set it as enabled and tried signing in on a second machine to test this out. I could sign into my work Microsoft account on the profile, see sync was enabled, but nothing would sync.

Is this functionality enabled at this time or is this Settings showing me a capability currently not available?

6 Replies
Same problem. Signing in works now (which is great), but synching still does not.

Just noticed that this the current status:

clipboard_image_0.png

@lindhartsen, same thing sync with work/school account doesn't work for me in Windows 10, iOS or Mac devices.  Which is too bad.  I hope it comes soon as I'd love to have all the possible sync features work across devices.  Is Microsoft listening?

An update to this - it appears the functionality may have lit up without working because the next developer build returned the previous message about sync not yet being available.

Any update on this?

@dorgold, we have it for our tenant for Windows, Mac, and iOS devices.  I can't speak to Android but it probably does.  We do have Azure AD premium licensing and so that might make a difference.