Why is microsoft EDGE SO BAD.

New Contributor

It literally BEGS me for using it, Cant i deny/delete it? So safari is GREAT, CHROME IS GREAT, EVEN OPERA IS BETTER THAT EDGE. After every update- THE INTERFACE RESETS MY DEFAULT BROWSER TO MS EDGE. AND SAYS it Is the ''Recommended browser for Windows by Microsoft'' ABSOLUTE CRAP.

Why are you forcing me to USE IT? LIKE SERIOUSLY?

6 Replies
You have to let US THE CONSUMER Customize everything. LIKE WHAT ON EARTH?

@Mukund23821 

Hi there, you are welcome to the Microsoft Tech Community!

So I don't know which version of Windows you are using but if you are using Windows 10, you can report this issue as a bug in the feedback hub app. You need to try to do this because I think the issue is on Windows' side rather than on Edge's side.

@Mukund23821 

Hello!

Windows behavior is correct!

Updates often make default settings intentionally!

You can change this after updating the Windows system!

I could similarly rate the browsers that you mentioned as useless - for me for many reasons, but these are my private ratings!

I would add that synchronization of microsoft account after the update is thanks to Edge, not by Safori, not by Chrome!

I would add that the new edge is a light browser with great parameters!

Good luck

@TheShaunSaw mate i have updated it a million times I dont think its a bug.

Mate, my concern is the UI Changing my settings everytime, I cant obviously update the settings all the time, And what do you mean by parameters? Scattered settings literally copying other browsers, and doesn't let me uninstall the thing? or well disable it. And the fact that I cant turn of the live news updates. ITS HARD TO FIND THE SETTINGS.

@Mukund23821 

Thank you for your reply!
now I know that you have a problem with personalization of edge settings!
It's really worth entering your own settings - which even after the update work well and are not changed automatically to the default!