Why edge linux version missing read aloud?

Copper Contributor

I appreciate read aloud feature in edge which I can find in windows. But it does not available in Linux platform such as Ubuntu. Can it be developed too and be released ASAP

2 Replies
Yes, I would like this to come to the Linux version as well!

@Burglar_Cat The problem is that Microsoft is a very dishonest and duplicitous company. Despite the fact that they appear to be supportive towards Linux, they are in fact deathly afraid of open source software at some level. So the idea that they would release a web browser on Linux and then needlessly cripple a working feature months later without explanation only seems puzzling if you take Microsoft's "love" of Linux at face value.

Microsoft once loved Unix so much that they had their own Unix, and then they loved OS/2 and it was the future, until it wasn't, then they loved Java, then they loved mobile devices and metro design, and now they love Linux.

It's a very strange kind of love where you intentionally make the experience worse for no reason than spite that you didn't pay someone, anyone for your OS - it's still available in the Mac OS version of Edge. 

In my country we have a word for people like that - we call them "cunts".

Microsoft Edge is still the best browser on Linux in terms of performance, features and power consumption, it's just sad that they are still the petty, vindictive, jealous retaliatory company that they have always been.

Satya Nadella is not a strong enough manager to banish Bill Gates influence from Microsoft's sick culture, they need a CEO with morals and balls, something Microsoft has never had.