Videos Not Playing in Edge Beta or Stable

Copper Contributor

All videos on nintendo.com do not play on either the latest stable or beta releases of Edge. For example this page: https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/super-mario-bros-wonder-switch/ 

All videos only give the error "Playback cannot continue. No available working or supported playlists."

The same videos have worked fine in both the Canary and Dev builds for a long time, but for whatever reason the fix was never pushed to beta or stable. They do play in beta and stable if "Use graphics acceleration when available" is disabled in Edge settings, but it's not a fix because they then play very slow and choppy. They play in Canary and Dev fine without disabling that option.

Again, not certain why after so long, that the fix from the Dev channel has not yet been pushed to beta or stable. It's been months and months on end.

Clipboard_03-06-2024_01.png

3 Replies
The same for me.
I tried the site on Google Chrome it does work but very slow loading web page.
Confirmed.
Videos work in both FireFox and Opera stable.

Still broken. This is just dumb. Why is the fix not making it into beta or stable? For example, they work fine in dev 120, 121, 122, 123, 124.. but not in beta 120, 121, 122, 123 or stable 120, 121, or 122. I've reported it/sent feedback multiple times over and notta. Any person can reproduce this 100% of the time so I don't know why the fix from canary and dev isn't carrying over to beta and stable.