The hidden things in the hidden surf games

Copper Contributor

It appears the secret Microsoft Edge Surf Game has its own secret features. In the source code, there are images such as the jet ski, and I was wondering if it was possible to use it. You can see other players using it, but can we? Could we code it in (I would but JavaScript isn't my thing)?

There is also a cat man, which some research told me that you can get by doing a sequence as soon as you open the game. But, he also appears once you open 100+ new tabs:

microsoft-hides-a-ninja-cat-easter-egg-in-microsoft-edge-for-android.jpg (340×180) (softpedia.com

There is also a dog which you can rescue, but what does it actually do? I am here to figure out the lore behind this game!

24 Replies
I always try to get to the dog, but it seems that it's almost impossible. Let's keep trying! I wish the team could explain all their hidden secrets in an article.

@Kam Sure, but that would ruin the fun of finding it out and then writing that article ourselves!

@bennyrobert im not sure if this will help but i found the dog a little below the kraken

@bennyrobert I never seem too find the Kraken area in which you can stay and become a Kraken, that would be real fun. Found that from here- In Edge Surf game we can become the octopus!!!! - Microsoft Community

It is possible as I got it. it shields your lives
Just turn to your extreme left and avoid obstacles for some time. Also, turn on high visibility in settings to see that if you approach the green area between the rocks

@Kam the dog is quite hard but i managed to get it a few times, it sits at the back of your board and stayes with you until u crash

@Cicada3301 , You just have to keep going left unitl you see the octopus ring. To avoid objects, only use slight turns.

@Kam The dog can be "adopted" if you go past the kraken zone without becoming a kraken and then going in the down direction for a while! Soon, if you have high visibility on, you will be able to see a green hitbox around some sort of dog. I believe if you go inside that hitbox, you will get the dog.

The zone is at around 750 meters
MY FRIEND HAS DISCOVERED ANOTHER CHEAT CODE!
It is typing in E-D-G-E. it gives you infinite energy.

@BenbieIsme11 Yep its true i have picked up the dog a few before, just go straight, in the green hitbox and the dog will sit of ur surfboard till u die/crash

Another one for yall' type MICROSOFT for infinite lives (scoring turns off) :)

[Mention me if you saw this post]

Use MICROSOFT and EDGE together to get infinite health and boost
This dog can protect you from the octopus. After you rescued it, it'll show a shield-like icon on what I call status bar. I first recued it about 5000m.
In settings of the game, you can slow down.
Typing MICROSOft also gives you infinate blood, though it cannot prevent being caught by the octopus and you may get bored.

@Kam So, you can get the dog. But, there is a catch. You have to go a very far distance. This also helps in the time trial challenge. I have gotten the dog many times. What the dog does is that it acts as a totem of undying from Minecraft.

Usually, you get the worst in collisions with other surfers, meaning you die. When the dog is with you, you live and they die.