SSO and Profiles broken after recent update

Brass Contributor

After a recent Update I can't login to our intranet sites anymore!

When I first used Chromium Edge I setup a profile with my Microsoft account, to sync all settings. I used Single Sign on with my Domain user to sign in to our intranet sites. This worked until some days ago, when I suddenly couldn't login to our intranet sites anymore!

At the same time a new profile appeared, with my domain account. - But this profile cannot be synced! - When I use this domain profile, I can login to our intranet sites. But of course, all my browser settings are gone, if I do so.

When I use "Guest" profile, instead of single sign on, I get asked for my username and password to sign in. But with my Microsoft Account profile, I don't get asked for credentials, but instead the sign on (I assume, the browser tries to login with my Microsoft account instead) is rejected.

This is a big issue, until now I was able to use my Microsoft Account for syncing and at the same time my Active Directory Domain Account for SSO in the intranet.

The new Update broke this. Has anyone else similar problems or maybe a viable solution?

PS: I tried using a guest account to login, then added my Microsoft account to Login, so my guest account got updated. The save credentials (i entered manually) are still there, but as soon as my account is connected with Microsoft Account, the saved credentials are not used anymore, instead the sign in is immediately rejected.

Sincerely Martin

7 Replies
Hi,
Which Edge insider channel and version are you using?

that new work profile popping up is a known issue, lots of others (including me) have been seeing it as well.

@HotCakeX 

I specifically copied it, than forgot to add it to the message 🤦.

This is the version I using: Version 79.0.308.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

On another computer I use "Beta":

Version 78.0.276.20 (Official build) beta (64-bit)

There it works. That means, SSO doesn't work, but I get asked for credentials, with my Profile and also with Guest profile.

I install the Beta on my computer. Now, with Guest I still get asked for credentials. With my Profile I don't get asked for credentials. I deleted the password before, so it must be using SSO from my Windows credentials.

It's most likely a problem isolated to Dev channel only, hopefully the next update will fix it :)
Please update your Edge insider dev, a new update was just released
version 79.0.309.5
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Dev-channel-update-to-79-0-309-5-is-live/m-p/9634...

@HotCakeX 

Thanks for the info. Updated the browser, but problem is still there. - Let's see what future updates will bring‌.

Also, this update will be shipped to Beta, meaning I can test the behaviour in beta too, if it ships.

Hopefully that issue will be fixed before shipping it to the beta