[Solved] How do I properly add a wildcard domain to Edge tracking prevention exception list?

MVP

Found the solution, which was there in front of my eyes all this time but I didn't pay enough attention. :facepalm:

Edge shows the correct syntax [*.]example.com

so entering [*.]live.com is acceptable and fixes the issue!

lesson learned: always pay attention to the info on the screen.

Spoiler

I've tried these:

• *.live.com
  • [*].live.com
  • .*live.com
  • *live.com

fdsfds.png

they don't work, shows an error.

when I just use "live.com" , and then visit a website like "outlook.live.com" , the exception doesn't apply, so by default entering the top domain doesn't wildcard it.

the example shows this but I can't figure out what it means exactly.

fdsfdsggg.png

Edge dev 87 and Edge stable 86

3 Replies

@HotCakeX It happens to me sometimes, what is your version? Only "87" won't fit. Adding @Deleted, @MissyQ and @josh_bodner. And if it's not released, I request that this wildcard feature be added in the next updates.

Thanks,
Kam
Follow me on this community here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/565232

@Kam 

@Kam wrote:

@HotCakeX It happens to me sometimes, what is your version? Only "87" won't fit. Adding @Deleted, @MissyQ and @josh_bodner. And if it's not released, I request that this wildcard feature be added in the next updates.

Thanks,
Kam
Follow me on this community here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/565232

I already mentioned it.

btw I don't know why you put the link in every single one of your posts because clicking on someone's name or profile picture will take you to their profile too. like if i want to go to your profile, I can just click on your name or profile picture.

also this isn't a social network like Twitter to follow someone and get updates, I wish it was but it doesn't work like that.

@HotCakeX that's my signature. I did it using Macros. I just want it like that. Just like that :)