receiving notifications when your browser is closed.

Steel Contributor

Hello. when I close Microsoft edge stop coming notifications from web sites. I installed them as pwa applications, but the result didn't change. how much I know notifications should also come with a closed browser from sites such as twitter. I checked it out in google chrome and old edge. It's working as it should. would like to fix this problem. I think it's a necessary function.

4 Replies
Hi,
yes that's right it's necessary..one of the most important reasons for adding notifications support to browsers is to receive them while we are not using browser. so we can be aware of the new contents of a particular website when browser is closed and we are working with other programs.

@nikitat1260 yeah, this is an important feature, particularly for PWAs. Can you share the steps you followed to confirm this works in Chrome? 

@johnjansen I installed google chrome included notifications in twitter installed twitter as pwa. After the chrome is closed, notifications have come. With the old edge too notifications come.

Hi, I've been using Google Chrome for years. the procedure is simple, websites offer to show notifications in the browser, user has 2 options, either block or allow it. if you allow it then you will get notifications, it doesn't care if your browser is closed or open, it gets the job done and passes the notifications to you. Google Chrome posts the notifications in the Windows 10's action center which is a nice tight integration with Windows OS.