Reading view omitting words in displayed content

Copper Contributor

I like the Reading view & how it is linked to the Immersive Reader. I wrote a bookmarklet for myself to make links on a page to open in Reading view in a new tab on clicking it - https://mvark.blogspot.com/2020/03/reading-view-bookmarklet-for-microsoft.html

While going through a news article, I noticed today that Reading view (in Edge 44.18362.449.0) omitted at least one word in the displayed content. This sentence with the noun "PhonePe"... -

"UPI transactions were down by about 40% on Friday, largely because PhonePe — which sees 20 million transactions a day — could not operate..."

was missing in the Reading view rendered version -

"UPI transactions were down by about 40% on Friday, largely because — which sees 20 million transactions a day — could not operate..."

I hope this is a isolated case as missing important keywords in an article at the expense of providing an uncluttered view, may not be helpful

Also, when I clicked the Reading view icon on the same page multiple times, it showed subsequent articles rather than the first article associated with that URL in some instances.

1 Reply

The Reading view omitted some words in another article I was reading today - https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/phonepe-bharatpe-in-talks-with-multiple-...

Original text from the article -

"After burning the midnight oil to migrate Yes Bank consumer IDs and merchant payments on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) to ICICI Bank, both PhonePe and BharatPe and (one of the largest merchant payments apps) said they restored operations fully over the weekend. These include peer-to-peer and merchant payments via UPI."

"Reading view" text -

"After burning the midnight oil to migrate Yes Bank consumer IDs and merchant payments on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) to , both and (one of the largest merchant payments apps) said they restored operations fully over the weekend. These include peer-to-peer and merchant payments via ."

The words - ICICI Bank, PhonePe, BharatPe, UPI were omitted. This issue seems to occur with acronyms or nouns that are links.