Read Aloud function not available in Microsoft Edge browser on Android

Brass Contributor

The Read Aloud feature is available in a variety of languages in the Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10.
My native language is Korean and this year's improved artificial neural network TTS voice was newly provided and used it well.
However, the Read Aloud function is not available in the Microsoft Edge browser for Android.
Pages in English can be used in English and Korean, but pages in Korean are not available.
It says 'This language is not supported.' and it is not available.

Screenshot_20201015-221345_Edge.jpg

I am wondering if this is a bug or if only English (US) is supported.
I used google translator.

5 Replies

@Specter  Microsoft Edge in Android is an old version (45. something) so even if they develop it, I'm not sure if it will come to android.  Adding @HotCakeX, @Deleted, @josh_bodner and @Drew1903

@Kam 

@Kam wrote:

@Specter  Microsoft Edge in Android is an old version (45. something) so even if they develop it, I'm not sure if it will come to android.  Adding @HotCakeX, @Deleted, @josh_bodner and @Drew1903

Why do you keep tagging everyone to every post, it's not really necessary. 

@HotCakeX  You need to tag the most important people. So that they will see it.

@Kam 

@Kam wrote:

@HotCakeX  You need to tag the most important people. So that they will see it.

There is no "most important people". no one is less than the others, everyone's equal.

about Microsoft employees, I know they are here too but If they wanted to have any activity on the forum, they can just come here, visit and respond to any post they want, just like they've done all this time.

nowhere says that in order for your post to get a response from the employees or people, you must mention them. that just creates spam.

my point is that, you can do it in your own post when you're making a new thread, but adding a new comment to every single post just to tag people is spam.

if it wasn't a spam, and if it was useful, I would make a bot and add tags to every single post in MSFT tech community which is around 500k posts.

@Specter Thanks for reaching out about this. I believe this is due to the disparity between the mobile and desktop versions of Microsoft Edge, however, I will double-check with our Mobile team. In the meantime, can you please try using it on a different operating system? (I wasn't able to repro that on my desktop.)

Read aloud Korean.png

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge