Press and hold the back button

Steel Contributor
I was delighted to discover that press and hold the back button shows a history of previous pages opened in that tab. This popular feature from IE has been sadly lacking in 'classic' Edge, so I can only praise its resurrection.
6 Replies
I am glad that we have delighted you Noel. Is this the touch behavior that you are talking about, or the right click behavior of the tabs?
Neither! Simple click-and-hold on the back button to see where you came from. My screenshot illustrates what I'm talking about.
It is a left click and hold that did it for me.

@Elliot Kirk The left click and hold provides the same menu as right clicking.

Yes as @Elliot Kirk ask which are you talking about, because I've always been able to right click the back button to bring down a menu of all the sites I've been on even in "classic edge" ........ without having to hold any buttons..... left click and hold does the exact same as right clicking the back button but with right clicking there is no need to hold.....

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile wrote:
Yes as @Elliot Kirk ask which are you talking about, because I've always been able to right click the back button to bring down a menu of all the sites I've been on even in "classic edge" ...

In both IE and Edge D* I can (left-) click and hold the back button to see previous pages opened in the same tab, then perhaps move down the list and release to open one of them - just one click. That doesn't work in Edge A*, or didn't when I checked again just now.

* An OT suggestion to save typing:

• Edge A = Antebeta, i.e.  Classic
  • Edge B = Beta
  • Edge C = Canary
  • Edge D = Dev