Password credential entry box on Amazon randomly popping up...

Brass Contributor

After the last update or two I have noticed a weird behavior when I go to Amazon. Despite successfully logging in with my account credentials, I'll randomly get an Edge popup with my email address and password... the type of interface you would see when you log in to a website for the first time and it wants to know if you want to save your information. Again, this is after I've already logged into the site with the same username and password I always use. I can browse around to different pages, search for something, whatever - the prompt just kind of randomly appears. This is the only site that does this and I'm at a bit of a loss as to why it's happening. Just curious if anyone else has run across this. 

amazon PW.jpg

4 Replies
Hi,
are you using any password manager extensions?
and which browser channel are you using?

I do use LastPass, but I haven't seen any conflicts with it up to this point. If I make a new account somewhere I get a popup for Edge and one for LastPass. 

I'm using Edge Developer Preview - Version 79.0.287.2 (Official build) dev (64-bit) if that's what you were asking. 

Maybe the last update is causing a compatibility issue there.
to make sure, try the Amazon website again with Last pass disabled see if you still have that problem.

@HotCakeX 

I followed your suggestion and the issue remains.