SOLVED

Password Check

Copper Contributor

Although the Password function in Microsoft Authenticator is amazing, I believe that Microsoft Edge may have a function to perform the user login check - as is done in Google Chrome 86 - for this could use some partner sites like: My Password, i have pwned, BreachAlarm etc.

I see this fundamental function for the digital security of the user and his privacy.

6 Replies
best response confirmed by bsabrunosouza (Copper Contributor)
Solution
@bsabrunosouza You mean email check? Ok, well, send feedback: Go to the ... -> Help and Feedback -> Send feedback. I will do the same.

@Kam 

@Kam wrote:
@bsabrunosouzaYou mean email check? Ok, well, send feedback: Go to the ... -> Help and Feedback -> Send feedback. I will do the same.

it's already there. if you read OP's post and the article I linked.

@HotCakeX, It's not there. I meant checking the internet for emails and if it matches my email, then alert me.

@Kam 

@Kam wrote:

@HotCakeX, It's not there. I meant checking the internet for emails and if it matches my email, then alert me.

What OP asked and the topic is about, is already in Edge.

the feature checks for both username and password.

username is the same as Email on lots of websites.

And checking for Email to see it matches any hacked database is useless.

Emails aren't as important and private as passwords. people give their emails to each other for communication, post their emails in websites for others to contact them etc.

so, it won't be a surprise if a database on the Internet contains someone's Email address. there are lots of databases on the Internet that collection Email addresses. but that does Not mean that you are compromised.

this feature in Edge checks for leaked/hacked Passwords, it's far more important than Emails.
Passwords are the ones that matter.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by bsabrunosouza (Copper Contributor)