SOLVED

Opening pdf files with Adobe Acrobat

Occasional Contributor

Adobe Acrobat is set as the default program for PDF files to be opened.  MS Edge Beta ignores this.  I do not want PDF files to be opened in my browser, so in settings, I had selected "Always open PDF files externally."  They are never opened externally.  I get a dialog box telling me that I need to change my settings to open the files.  The latest time, there was a download button.  Sometimes there is not.  I downloaded the file.  At the bottom right of the screen, I am asked if I want to open the file.  I click on it and get the dialog box that I have to change my settings in order to open the file.  There is no way to open the file in Adobe Acrobat.  This is my computer.  It should do what I want.  You need to fix it so that the user can open all files using the default programs they have chosen.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Tony_Stone (Occasional Contributor)
Solution

@Tony_Stone 

After you have downloaded the file, while it is still listed at the bottom of the screen, you can click on the [ ... ] to the right of the Open file link and select Always open with Adobe Acrobat Reader. This should open your PDFs in the Adobe Acrobat Reader from then on.

Gabriel

@v-gapart  I did not notice the ..., but I will look for it next time.  Thank you.

Please help me to open Windows Upgrade
Please help me to why I have had Windows upgrade, but I can not know how to open Windows