No Audio in some Edge Apps

Bronze Contributor

Hi there,

I have installed Microsoft Teams and Google Meet as an app. I use these apps for my meetings sometimes. I have noticed since a couple of builds, I cannot hear the audio in these apps during a meeting. If I open the meeting in the Edge browser window as separate tab, I can hear the audio.

In other apps like YouTube, I can perfectly hear the audio. I use wired headsets as well as wireless, and see the same issue across both of the sites I have installed as apps. 

Would request the team to have a look. Tagging @Deleted for extended reach to the team. Also submitted feedback through the Feedback tool.

Running Canary builds as daily driver on my Windows 10 PC.

4 Replies

@Rohit Yadav Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for submitting feedback! We've seen some users encounter issues with the Teams app. To confirm, are you using Google Maps while you're in a Teams meeting, or on its own?

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Hey @Deleted, hope you are doing well!

I think there is a bit of misunderstanding. I use Microsoft Teams and Google Meet for my meetings. I have installed both of them as apps and cannot hear audio in both of them. If I open them in a new tab, I hear the audio properly, but not when the sites are open in their respective apps.

@Rohit Yadav Thanks for the clarification, and my apologies for misreading your original comment! That makes much more sense. :xd:

In that case, the team suspects that this might be related to a known Chromium issue with device changes. Two questions:

1. Does this only seem to happen when you're using a headset?
  2. And if so, can you please try closing and reopening MSFT Edge after plugging in the headset?

If that doesn't fix it, let me know and we can do some further investigation.

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Hi @Deleted,

Thank you for the reply.

I did a test with both Microsoft Teams and google Meet, and I am facing the issue still. I do face it even when I am not using the headset, and secondly, restarting browser also not does solve the error.

Would be happy to assist with further investigation.

Thanks!