New version of the Official Edge (87.0.664.41)

Deleted
Not applicable

Several features added...
There is a bug in the Favorites button: the letters and icons appear huge, and the "..." menu is full of bugs...

RespectIsGreatAndPreservesTeeth_0-1605861827101.png

8 Replies
I can't reproduce any of these UI bugs.

@HotCakeX 

It seems A/B test in Stable Version lol

I just updated the official Edge on another computer and the Favorite button on it works very differently

... look at this:

RespectIsGreatAndPreservesTeeth_0-1605874038455.png

This is the first time I'm seeing controlled feature rollout in Stable channel.
they haven't even talked about it anywhere.

3 insider channels with all the people using them are enough to give Edge developers data, there is no reason to run experiments in stable channel.

Big bug! When you scroll down the favourites, it used to expand the folders when you held the mouse over them. Worked on all three of my computers with version 86.0 and all of a sudden when it upgraded to version 87.0.664.41, you have to click the folder to see what bookmarks are there. And, the folder stays open!. Also much slower even opening the favourites list.

I checked Chrome - it still works properly. What did Microsoft do? Is this fixed in the Beta version 88?

@MikeD44 

Spoiler

@MikeD44 wrote:

Big bug! When you scroll down the favourites, it used to expand the folders when you held the mouse over them. Worked on all three of my computers with version 86.0 and all of a sudden when it upgraded to version 87.0.664.41, you have to click the folder to see what bookmarks are there. And, the folder stays open!. Also much slower even opening the favourites list.

I checked Chrome - it still works properly. What did Microsoft do? Is this fixed in the Beta version 88?

Beta channel hasn't got the version 88 yet

dfdsf.png

but it's not a bug that you have to click on folder to see inside them.

I checked it on my Edge stable, it has the new favourite UI but doesn't have the UI bug you have. 

Limyx826_0-1606121337094.png

I have the same UI bug, I've been having it ever since Edge 87 was first released to Beta. Clicking the ... menu repeatedly will move the menu a little to the left each time.
Since not everyone seems able to reproduce it, I wonder if there may be some connection to Windows scaling levels. What is yours?

@adrianghc 

honestly that new favorite experience shouldn't even exist in Edge stable 87.

there is no mention of that anywhere on the official change log

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-relnote-stable-channel

Edge developers are running experiments and controlled feature rollouts, on stable, and no one seems to care or say anything about it.. maybe it's by mistake, maybe not