New Feature in Edge Canary: set Custom picture in the New Tab Page

MVP

fdsfds.png

In Microsoft Edge Canary Version 82.0.457.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

1.png

3.png

15 Replies

Must be a controlled rollout @HotCakeX . I don't have it yet on 457.

I have it now but I'll keep "image of the day option" :)

@HotCakeX  I have the version Version 83.0.461.1 Canary and don't have that option. I do have the image of the day which I like since the picture changes every day. Is this the updated canary version that I'm using? I've checked and it says up to date.

@QueenNini 

Spoiler

@QueenNini wrote:

@HotCakeX  I have the version Version 83.0.461.1 Canary and don't have that option. I do have the image of the day which I like since the picture changes every day. Is this the updated canary version that I'm using? I've checked and it says up to date.

Hi, yes you're using the latest Edge canary version, the feature is still in controlled rollout phase. at one time it was out but it's back to controlled rollout phase again.

for example right now using the same IP address, I have my Windows 10 and a Mac virtual machine open.

both have the same Edge canary version. on Windows 10 I have the option to set custom image for NTP but on Mac I don't have it.

@HotCakeX Got it. I will stay with the image of the day until that feature returns.

@HotCakeX  how often do people get rolled out?  I need this feature very badly for an excellent joke I want to include in an edge how-to video I am creating for my org

@tempusfugit 

@tempusfugit wrote:

@HotCakeX  how often do people get rolled out?  I need this feature very badly for an excellent joke I want to include in an edge how-to video I am creating for my org

It's not clear, maybe ever 1 or 2 canary builds, but you should use Canary channel if you want to be the first to get them.

also these feature are most of the times region-locked until they are released to everyone in all regions, so another thing you can try is to use a VPN and IP of different countries.

(after connecting VPN, restart Edge a couple of times)

When I change the background, the background only changes for that tab, making the feature completely useless. I hope this gets fixed soon!

@WorldTravel1518 

@WorldTravel1518 wrote:

When I change the background, the background only changes for that tab, making the feature completely useless. I hope this gets fixed soon!

you set a custom image for the current NTP and then when you open a new tab, you don't see your custom image anymore?

which channel are you using?

I think there is a misunderstanding here.@WorldTravel1518 . This feature will only set the background for the New Tab Page. It will not set it for any other, regular webpages.

Anyone know if there will be a GPO for this?

I really hope so. companies would be able to set a branded background for their employees

Exactly. Considering all the company branding options you have in Azure, for sign in etc, but also in Edge where you can set the logo. Might as well allow us to change the background with GPO as well. :)

Yes makes a lot of sense ^^