NEW feature: Edge now Officially supports Chrome Themes in the latest Update

MVP

Microsoft Edge Version 82.0.444.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

gfdgfd.png

You need to Enable this flag: edge://flags/

Allow installation of external store themes

Turn this on to allow themes from external web stores to be installed in Microsoft Edge. – Mac, Windows

#edge-allow-store-extension-themes

11 Replies

@HotCakeX 

This appears to only work in the windows version right now.

sgilder_0-1583359262334.png

try to install a theme from Chrome web store first and see if those options in Edge settings appearance show up.

@HotCakeX 

I'm seeing an issue with the address bar - the actual box one writes the URLs in. I've just tried installing the same Oceanic Google Chrome theme I currently have in Google Chrome. The effects are the same in Edge apart from the address bar. The toolbar colour is a mid green in both, but in Google Chrome the address box is a darker green when not having focus and black when with focus; in Edge it is eye-searing white.

So there appears to be a bug, with the "omnibox_text" and "omnibox_background" values in the theme being ignored.

@DavidGB 

I don't think those values are being ignored.

take a look at my screenshot

fdsfsfs.png

before installing this theme, my address bar was dark, but after installing it, it's turned white, but my theme in Edge is still set to dark.

so the theme changed the address bar's color and it keeps it that way, won't let Edge change that color.

@sgilder 

do you even have the flag on Mac version of Edge canary?

@HotCakeX 

I did not. I think I will just stick to Dev and Release for now. :smile:

@sgilder 

Spoiler

@sgilder wrote:

@HotCakeX 

This appears to only work in the windows version right now.

sgilder_0-1583359262334.png

So I installed Mac on VMware workstation, installed Edge canary latest version on it and I had that flag and also could install theme from chrome web store.

Version 82.0.446.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

dsdsds.png

@HotCakeX Just learnt about this and successfully installed the Sea Foam theme on Mac and Edge Canary. Much nicer than if it was applied on Windows (not really sure why) :D

@sayjay09 ta-daaa.

Canary version: 84.0.495.0