New feature: change language and Locale of the NTP contents Version 81.0.387

MVP

I noticed we got this new option in the latest Edge insider Version 81.0.387.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

the ability to change the location and languages for news content on the new tab page NTP

as it was planned for January

gfdgfdgd.png

fdfd.PNG

There are cases where Edge wouldn't be able to detect the actual location so this should take care of it.

6 Replies

@HotCakeX I live in Czech. I changed content to English by mistake and can't return back, because Czech is missing in the list. How can I change it back?

There are many languages currently missing from the list, I think have to wait until they add all of them

@HotCakeX I noticed MS store the language configuration as cookie. Because I always delete my cookies, I have to config the language every time I start edge.

Any suggestion to that (except not to delete cookies)? 

Ingo

@IWeidner 

@IWeidner wrote:

@HotCakeX I noticed MS store the language configuration as cookie. Because I always delete my cookies, I have to config the language every time I start edge.

Any suggestion to that (except not to delete cookies)? 

Ingo

Sorry I couldn't understand you very well

about the cookies, there will soon be an option in Edge canary (and later in other channels) that will let you mark some cookies so that when you delete all cookies, they won't be deleted. if that's what you mean

@HotCakeX 

I think that is an option, but not the best one.
I explain the problem a little differently.
If I change the language to german on the new-tab page in the image above (your first post), this language setting is stored until I delete my cookies. After I delete my cookies, the new-tab page changed  back english.
I think there should be a configurable option in the settings where you can set the language of the new-tab page. Or have I missed something?

no you're right, i understand now,
I think either by default Edge should separate New Tab Page cookies from the rest of the cookies so "delete all cookies" won't touch them.
or better yet, don't use cookies at all for the language settings in the NTP, just like any normal settings in Edge, don't rely on cookies.
there are plenty options in here:
edge://settings/profiles

like sync, Edge theme, zoom level etc, none of them are reset when cookies are deleted, NTP language setting should operate like that too.