My excel spreadsheet won't scroll down

Copper Contributor

I am unable to scroll down and see my spreadsheet detail.  I can use my arrows and scroll bar and it will go down the page, but the view doesn't change.

Any suggestions on fixing this?

13 Replies

@AccountingLady 

Try this:

Check and make sure your Scroll Lock is not turned on. You can normally toggle Scroll Lock off and on by hitting the Scroll Lock key on your keyboard.

If you don't have a scroll lock key on your keyboard do this...

Hit your "Windows Key" on your keyboard, then type in "on-screen keyboard" then hit enter. That should bring up the on-screen keyboard, click on the "scroll lock" key to toggle off that option.

Spoiler
I faced the same issue. I resolved it by carrying out View —> Unfreeze panes.
Thanks doing spreadsheets in the early hours not good
Thank you! I guess my cat stepped on my mousepad.... They're so lucky I love them!

@sudhir_r_g Seriously, THANK YOU. Everyone kept saying to use Scroll Lock, but my scroll lock wasn't active, I tried unfreezing the pains... and voila!  You are the bestest. :stareyes:

Hi, the cursor scrolls but the page doesn't move or revert back to the home page. There are NO frozen panes and the scroll lock isn't on. How might I troubleshoot this? 

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am dealing with the same issue

I have the same problem. And this seems odd; I have a ss open, has 2 tabs. One tab scrolls normally, the other has the problem. My ss's are pretty vanilla, all properties unchanged from defaults.

@esrakc 

THANK YOU!!! This was driving me nuts! LOL

I found that toggling the View Unfreeze panes (as the top row was set to freeze) and then resetting to Freeze Top Row fixed the issue for me. 

@sudhir_r_g 

freeze and unfreeze panes really work. Thanks a great lot. 

@kelo1460 I still face this issue, one of the spreadsheets scrolls as usual, but the other is frozen. I did all the steps that have been previously described (unfreezing panes, pressing Scroll Lock on keyboard) and they didn't help.

I think it has to be a bug in the file, I checked and don't have any macros active.

@sudhir_r_g You are the best!!! I've struggled with a document for days....