SOLVED

Missing history button in Edge Stable?

Brass Contributor

I've waited a while to ask this because I thought maybe it's a feature that's being rolled out in stages but it seems to have been around for a long time now and rolled out simultaneously on all of my other devices but I can't see the new history button in Edge Stable on my desktop PC. I also don't have any option to turn it on even:
DanielRyan_0-1615729797930.png

I've tried resetting Edge by deleting the entire profile folder and setting up from scratch but that also didn't help. I do have the Vertical Tabs, etc. already.

My Edge details are (Windows 10 Pro x64):

DanielRyan_1-1615729880632.png

70 Replies
I checked the code, and this should be turned on in code as of Edge 89, so it's definitely not expected that this isn't available to you. I'll ask the team!
Thank you @josh_bodner I have the same version , same problem happy to do any tests required or make registry changes. I have already done a full profile reset so that edge started as new.

@frogman2205 I talked with the team, and it looks like this is indeed a lingering rollout as @HotCakeX mentioned, so there's not much you can do other than maybe uninstalling and reinstalling to try to get into a different rollout population.  

I am having this problem as well
Fr those who are having this problem, make sure submit a feedback and report this issue to the team. This is also a way to show it is an important feature for you.

@Reza_Ameri 

@Reza_Ameri wrote:
Fr those who are having this problem, make sure submit a feedback and report this issue to the team. This is also a way to show it is an important feature for you.

The developer just said this is Not a problem and still a staged rollout, no need to send feedback for this. they already know it. I'm sure they have good reason for doing this and they aren't intentionally preventing users from having this useful feature. it's better to let things run their course, specially for the stable channel. 

This is the recommendation by the Microsoft Edge team, in case it is intentional design like roll out and users don't like it, they will share the feedback so Microsoft Edge team would be able to see what percentage of users are not happy with this new design and reconsider it. In case, it is a bug then they will investigate and fix it. In case everything was fine, there wasn't a need for the OP to start this question in the first place.

@Reza_Ameri 

Spoiler

@Reza_Ameri wrote:
This is the recommendation by the Microsoft Edge team, in case it is intentional design like roll out and users don't like it, they will share the feedback so Microsoft Edge team would be able to see what percentage of users are not happy with this new design and reconsider it. In case, it is a bug then they will investigate and fix it. In case everything was fine, there wasn't a need for the OP to start this question in the first place.

it's not a bug. developer is saying it's not a bug and you regular user saying it's a bug and problem.

don't mislead other users please.

Witam
wszystkich Ja potwierdzam na kilku komputerch w Wersji 89.0.774.57 (Oficjalna kompilacja) (wersja 64-bitowa) funkcja historii pracy stanie dobrze !
nie ma takie błędów jak opisuje DanielRyan jestem zaskoczonym problememem
odmie mnie nie występuję !
Historia Edge działa :thumbs_up:na dobrze dodam
zrzuty ekranu:
Dziękuję bardzo Andrzejowi

yes there is no error related to it.
this is simply a controlled feature rollout. not a bug, not a problem :)
Też tak uważam dlatego zabrałem głos !
Nie widziałem wcześnie tej dyskusji bo kolejne stabilne wersje Edge są coraz
lepsze - ja myślę że obłędach trzeba mówić ze szczegółami w tej dyskusji
było dużo wypowiedzi nie popartych dowodami !
napisanie że czegoś nie ma dla mnie to za mało - ja wymagam potwierdzeń
, a pisanie że nie mogę tego znaleźć - nie potwierdza że tego nie ma !
Pozdrawiam
Hi @Andrzej2555 and @HotCakeX. Mine today updated to Version 89.0.774.57. And I am still left with one User account on the PC showing the correct (new) History Hub and Option and the other user account not showing the new hub or button option. Exactly as I posted screen shots in a previous post in this thread. I am still at a loss when all my other PCs show the new updates to the history and button yet the one with the two account on it show correct on one user account and not the other.
@josh_bodner, Today I updated to version 89.0.774.57, and on the same PC I have User account A on that PC that does not show the button still, and user account B and C which shows the button as expected with the new rollout. On a different PC I have the Micorsoft user account A and it also show the button correctly in the new way. IF my account of PC is lagging in the rollout, why does it work like this?
Witam
To proszę w Edge dodać nowy
profil użytkownika z którego kontem jest problem !
Prawdopodobnie twoje nietypowe ustawienia blokują !
dodane nowe konto w Edge
niech będzie na domyślnych
ustawieniach.
Warto to spróbować .
dziękuję

przepływ danych !

@frogman2205 

why does it work like that?

to help them quickly identify issues that may impact performance and reliability, so not everyone will be affected at the same time.

more info:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/articles/controlled-feature-roll-outs-in-microsoft-edge/m-p/7...

like I said, it has nothing to do with being correct or incorrect, just how it is. and unlike other users claim, it's not a problem nor a bug. developer said it's still a staged rollout.

if you want and can't wait, try the Beta channel. it's officially supported too.

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/

@Deleted 

Spoiler

@Deleted wrote:
Witam
To proszę w Edge dodać nowy
profil użytkownika z którego kontem jest problem !
Prawdopodobnie twoje nietypowe ustawienia blokują !
dodane nowe konto w Edge
niech będzie na domyślnych
ustawieniach.
Warto to spróbować .
dziękuję

przepływ danych !

already been tried

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/missing-history-button-in-edge-stable/m-p/2214508/highlight/true#M45260

Myślę że do jest najlepsze podsumowanie - Tematu !
Po prostu nie wszyscy od razu ( NIE -  mogą mieć  )
pełny stabilny Edge - Czasem  trzeba poczekać   - Warto być cierpliwym jak pisze HotCakeX to jest dobra odpowiedź  !
Dziękuje

Andrzej

Sorry I don't understand what you are saying.
Ja poparłem Twój post !
Via ..Google translate... basically @Andrzej2555 is on your side !

full stable Edge - Sometimes you have to wait - It is worth being patient as hotcakex writes this is a good answer!
Thanks

Andrzej