Microsoft Edge Cast Tab

Copper Contributor

Hi folks,

I was able to cast my PC/Laptop screen onto my TV seamlessly using cast tab without a streaming device like chromecast from Microsoft Edge Previous Version (Not Chromium Version). I started to use Microsoft Edge Chromium Version recently and now it looks like we need a streaming device to make it work. Is that true? If so, can microsoft look into it and bring the old cast features back onside to the new ones?

If anyone has a similar problem and found a way to resolve, please let me know.

Thanks,

Sai Dittakavi

5 Replies

@SAI_MARUTHI_RAM Thanks for reaching out. At this time, issues with casting are part of a known bug. Here's a workaround from one of our PMs:

"Enable edge://flags/#load-media-router-component-extension (paste this into the address bar, select Enabled for the option) and restart the browser."

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Thanks; this got it working for me. However, YouTube videos don't detect and display the cast icon; I have to cast the whole tab.

@ndollimount I'm glad to hear that helped, and thanks for letting us know. After taking another look at our bug log, it looks like that YouTube-specific issue is known too.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Your instructions are not complete. You say to paste the suggested path and then enable the "Option". Which option, it brings up 30+ items????

Just upgraded to Windows 11 and thought I'd finally give Microsoft Edge a try. The casting issues are a deal breaker. I don't need a reply, I've just switched back to Chrome that works perfectly. Maybe you guys should fix your product before advertising how great it's SUPPOSED to be.