master_preferences and Clear Browsing Data on Exit

Brass Contributor

Hello,

Edge Version 79.0.309.30 (Official build) beta (64-bit)

I'm trying to create a custom master_preferences files to customize clear browser data on exit for new user profiles.

My configuration file looks like this : 

{"distribution":{"msi":true,"system_level":true,"verbose_logging":true,"msi_product_id":"15DFC7CC-865D-3F20-A979-A7EF2F505E31","allow_downgrade":false}, 
"clear_data_on_exit":{"browsing_history":false,"cache":true,"cookies":true,"download_history":false,"form_data":true,"hosted_apps_data":true,"passwords":true,"site_settings":true}}

When logging with a new user a having a look at the settings nothing is enabled for Clear Browsing Data on Exit.

clipboard_image_0.png

So I look into the user profile and find my Settings (Preferences files):

... "caretbrowsing":{"enabled":false},"clear_data_on_exit":{"browsing_history":false,"cache":true,"cookies":true,"download_history":false,"form_data":true,"hosted_apps_data":true,"passwords":true,"site_settings":true},"countryid_at_install":16965, ...

Now, I manually change one of the settings :

clipboard_image_1.png

Then have a look at the preferences files

"browser":{"available_dark_theme_options":"All","clear_data_on_exit":{"cookies":true},"dark_theme":false,

... <Skip some lines>

"caretbrowsing":{"enabled":false},"clear_data_on_exit":{"browsing_history":false,"cache":true,"cookies":true,"download_history":false,"form_data":true,"hosted_apps_data":true,"passwords":true,"site_settings":true},"countryid_at_install":16965,

So, we have to occurrences of clear_data_on_exit in the preferences file. And only values from the first occurrence are taken into account.

For me it looks like a bug (file parsing /update).

Can you confirm that :

- The syntax of my master_preferences is correct

- The issue can be reproduced

Kind regards,

Michel

1 Reply

@Le_Michel 

Hello,

You must enable the data cleanup and select what do you want to clear.

"browser": {
        "clear_data": {
            "on_exit_succeeded": false
        },
        "clear_data_on_exit": {
            "browsing_history": true,
            "cache": true,
            "cookies": true,
            "download_history": true,
            "form_data": true,
            "hosted_apps_data": true,
            "passwords": true