Flash Emulator support

Bronze Contributor

@Elliot Kirk Someone created an Emulator for Adobe flash so that some things will keep running even after flash isn't supported. Its called Ruffles Emulator and it will run code with no performance issues, as well as having a a sandbox for security and using low amounts of battery and memory. It is written in Rust and WebAssembly.

I think that Edge should be able to support this program once it is finished. Is this a possibility?

3 Replies
Ah just about the time when all major browser companies united to shut down Flash for GOOD, someone creates something to give lazy website/app developers an easy way out.
everything created with flash can be created with other web languages and technologies and they will have better performance and less security vulnerabilities.
Also Adobe themselves are dropping the support for Flash and won't be releasing any further updates after the deadline.

@HotCakeX 

From what I've seen, that's true for video. However, its the opposite for games. Games that have been converted to HTML5 that I've seen are much lower quality than the original flash, and the emulator will preserve some of the older games that are too hard to convert or are just forgotten, which is something that a lot of gamers want to happen.

With flash developers are stuck with desktop while nowadays mobile and tablet platforms are the main target of mini games. Flash is not supported in mobile devices.
for a decent Javascript developer it is not hard to make the same game, at least it has future..
as you mentioned, that emulator is only good for forgotten and abandoned games.