[FIXED] An error occurred while checking for updates: Failed to cache the downloaded installer.

MVP

UPDATE: The issue is Fixed.

An error occurred while checking for updates: Failed to cache the downloaded installer. Error: 0x800b0109. (error code 7: 0xA043050D).

Version 78.0.274.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Trying to update my Canary and i get this error. on my laptop which runs a non-insider Windows OS and Edge Canary i'm getting the same error.

computer restart does not fix the problem.

26 Replies

@HotCakeX wrote:

An error occurred while checking for updates: Failed to cache the downloaded installer. Error: 0x800b0109. (error code 7: 0xA043050D).

Version 78.0.274.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Trying to update my Canary and i get this error. on my laptop which runs a non-insider Windows OS and Edge Canary i'm getting the same error.

@HotCakeX 

I'm getting the very same error as you... 
Update error.jpg

Dennis5mile

@CrazyKats @Dennis5mile 

uninstalled it and downloaded fresh Canary web installer, at the end of the install it shows me this error:

Annotation 2019-09-12 223908.png

Same here @HotCakeX . Tried half a dozen times. Goes to 50% and gives error. I am on windows build 18363.356.

Screenshot (2070).png

Yeah, that error code is the same code as the first one listed of the 2 error codes we are getting..

Dennis5mile

Trying to download and install Edge canary in Windows Sandbox also fails with the same error.
now i'm sure no uninstall leftovers is preventing reinstallation.
I'd suggest not uninstalling your Edge cause you wouldn't be able to install it again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Elliot Kirk 

Yep same here. I even uninstalled (saved my UserData folder so wouldn't lose anything) and reinstalled Edge Canary before coming on this forum, and got the same error message screen. I went into Windows Updater and that worked fine so I know it's not our end. Probably something to do with Microsoft's side of things with their downloader or updater. 

Must be on the backend. I just smilied them a screenshot @HotCakeX .

@HotCakeX  Yup, got the same error trying to update. Gave it a couple more tries and now it says I'm on the lastest - Version 78.0.274.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit). So I have to assume the issue is on the Microsoft side of things and they've pulled/stopped the lastest version.

yep, same here, now says on the latest version...

Dennis5mile
Because they removed the problematic update, i could reinstall Edge canary again from Internet.

Same here. I was able to re-install now. 

@HotCakeX @Elliot Kirk 

Wonder if they got this problem fixed since there was no post on what happened.... 

Dennis5mile

They fixed it by removing the update from the server. have to wait for the next one.

@HotCakeX 

Version 78.0.276.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) just released

Sync is still stuck at retrying..