Feedback for Edge Chromium on ARM

Iron Contributor

First the good news: the Windows 10 Canary installer now automatically installs the native ARM 64bit version of Edge Chromium on compatible systems. I personally uninstalled the x86 version before attempting this, not sure if necessary. 

My first feedback:  OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FAST IT RUNS!!  ...and how little memory it uses. My Galaxy Book2 suddenly runs ... dare I say ... well?!! Really fantastic, thanks Microsoft!

Second point of feedback:  please add the platform info under Help > About. Right now there is zero evidence that the build is native, just that it runs fast. To find if it's native you have to scour through the task manager, go to the details tab, make sure the column 'platform' is showing, and confirming that it reads 64bit for MSEdge.exe.  Please make that info more obvious by showing it plainly in the help>about page. 

Honestly, that's all my feedback for now, because otherwise it looks and works identical to the 32bit version, just wayyy faster. If any seemingly ARM-specific issues prop up, I will post here. 

1 Reply
Hey all, I've downloaded Microsoft Edge on ARM 64bits on my Lumia 950. And I don't know how to check things but I've a complete different screen now when I openings search. Is it possible to run Edge on ARM 64bits on a Lumia 950(XL)? Mine is on the latest version from January 14 2020. I can't read anything over it on the internet, or do I missed some articles? I've managed to but a screenshot in the attachment?
THX!