[Feature request] Web Apps (PWA) - Option to enable/ disable tabbed web apps

Iron Contributor

The fact that you can use Edge Chromium to make a web app/ PWA out of any web site is great. One feature request that would make this even better would be to make it possible to have tabbed web applications.

Example:

• We use both ConnectWise Manage and -Automate at work.
  • The native clients are legacy, slow, bad IMHO.
  • Their up and coming web portals are snappy and better to use for small tasks not requiring all the features.
  • Using a web browser tab for everything web is cumbersome IMHO. I'd much rather have the web portals as Edge web apps/ PWAs.
    • But both products use tabs or new windows for everything.
      clipboard_image_0.png

Solution:

• If we could configure an app to open links that otherwise would open as a new window or as a new tab as tabs inside the web app itself, we'd essentially have a full client based on Edge Chromium web apps.

I think said feature would make a lot of users jump on this option.

1 Reply

@Olav Rønnestad Birkeland thanks so much for this feedback. We've been discussing something like this internally, so it's really good to have a customer giving us feedback about whether we are on the right track or not. It's a very complex feature, with complex design implications, so we are not yet sure if we can do it in the near future.

That said, again, I really appreciate the feedback and I pasted a link to this post in our onenote :)

-John