SOLVED

Family Safety parental controls for Edge on Chromium

Brass Contributor

Where can I find information on how and when Edge on Chromium  will support Microsoft Family Safety parental controls?

24 Replies

@Elliot Kirk - thanks so much for your response - very gratifying to know that the devs are monitoring here and were able to reproduce the issue!

@Elliot Kirk 

You know, Elliot, for all (some) people say MS doesn't listen or feedback does nothing... Man, in the Insider work I do, sure do repeatedly see concrete instances proving the opposite!  It is such rubbish!  Hey, if you can write code you can probably read English, LOL   (never mind, just another bad joke).

Whether via WIP & the Windows Build Team or Bing, Office or Edge, the Teams DO read/listen AND act on that input.  Seen it 1st hand countless times.  Do the duck's back thing if you hear otherwise from anyone.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Elliot Kirk Did you fix it ? Its now working in the update I just got, thanks I can't wait to see this in the Dev branch. I also see google search is set to safe now, nice.

FYI pressing home crashes this build 78.0.267.0 (its set to www.google.com)

Hi @reded23, it wasn't me personally, but we have been working on family safety features quite a bit recently.  I am glad that it is now working for you.  Please let us know if you have any feedback in this area.  Thanks - Elliot

P.S. Let me know if the Home button is still crashing for you.  I tested it out on 78.0.268.0, and it seemed to be working correctly for me.

@chrismrea  I finally got to try this on the latest Beta.  One issue I ran into.  Unfortunately, the McAfee security software that came on my latest laptop seemed to interfere with this.  Once I removed McAfee. parental controls worked!