extension sort order

Copper Contributor

Please either give us a way to sort the extensions in the list of Installed extensions or at least display then in alphabetical order.  Right now they appear to be in a random order.  I am using the official beta on Windows 10.

Thanks
Bill

3 Replies

@BillH99999 

Hi Bill, 

@BillH99999 wrote:

Please either give us a way to sort the extensions in the list of Installed extensions or at least display then in alphabetical order.  Right now they appear to be in a random order.  I am using the official beta on Windows 10.

Thanks
Bill

Right now as it stands you can sort/reorder the extensions on the tool bar in any order you want just be dragging and dropping it where you wish them to be...

extension order.jpg

I do this all the time whenever I add a new extension or just want them to show in a different order... 

As for the page where your installed extensions are listed there is not current way to do this, but because you can drag and drop them in the tool bar, I don't think there is really a need to order them there and this does work in all 3 channels, Canary, Dev and Beta.......

Justmy20centsworth

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile 

I respect your right to your 2 cents worth, but I have to disagree.  I also re-position them on the tool bar, but that is completely different.  If I am going to the list of extensions to do some type of management of those extensions, it would be a lot easier to find the one I want and to compare the extensions to what I have installed in Google Chrome if they were in alphabetical order.

Bill

Completely understand... I was just giving another option for sort incase you had not known of it....

Dennis5mile