Enable flash settings permanently

Iron Contributor

Hi,

Today I tried to enable flash for certain domains that use Flash.

When I go to edge://settings/content/flash , first thing I noticed on top is it says "Your Flash settings will be kept until you quit Microsoft Edge."

I tried testing with configuring one domain under Allow section and then restart the browser, the settings are lost.

This is annoying as few intranet sites are still using Flash and I need it enabled by default.

Please fix this issue.

8 Replies

@hiren1610 

This is a topic we are aware of, and our article here goes more in-depth about Flash.

Thanks,

Frank

@V-FRROME 

Thanks for the update however it is required for some of the intranet websites and so there should be some way around it. I understand that its being phased out soon but at least till 2020, there should be some option in Edge to add the domain names to allow flash and those domain names should be saved rather than restart the browser and then add the domain again. Just because of this issue I have to use IE11 for all the intranet websites.

I agree with this, I have several surveillance cameras that the config pages (for ptz and live stream) need adobe flash, only on intranet, it's annoying to have to manually allow flash every time I use those sites. True, those ip camera companies need to update their software (I've also voiced my support to them about this), but it'd be nice to get support from you guys, too.

@hiren1610, I have the same issue as you.  I set flash at allow and when I start DEV again, it goes back to Ask as the default setting.  I want to keep Flash at Allow as my default setting.  I play Facebook games and when it start one, I have to click allow every time.  Once it is set to allow, it's fine.  Until I go back in to DEV and it rests back to Ask.  If there is a fix for this, I know we all would appreciate it very much. 

@V-FRROME , if they are going to end Adobe Flash then what is going to happen when we want to play a game or watch a video?  Is there any company that is going to make a Flash Player?

@hiren1610 if using flash based website is really that important for you then use the normal Edge instead of the experimental one.

the new Edge better drop support for flash because by the time it becomes stable and gets integrated into the Windows 10 OS, flash will be long dead.

Normal Edge has the same Problem (URL's are NOT saved).
We are Insiders and share issues that need to be addressed.
It should be attend to otherwise we will go back to Chrome.

HotCakeX is right about Flash. Chromium doesn't have flash built in (it's automatically not included thus set as disabled by default so you have to add the Flash plug-in if you want it). Google Chrome has pepflashplayer.dll which I believe is their own version of flash that's built into Google Chrome (not Chromium), but has to be manually turned on as it's going to be discontinued and removed by Dec 2020. Adobe Flash will be gone by Dec 2020 so it's best to be prepared now. If Edge Chromioum add's Flash it will only be gone via discontinued in 15 months so it's probably best they don't even add it.

Source:

https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/7084871?hl=en

"Important note: Adobe® has announced that Flash® Player® will be deprecated in December 2020. In Chrome 76 and later, Flash Player is turned off by default. Users can manually switch to ask first before running Flash, without impacting policy settings that you set for Flash."

Chromium showing it doesn't included Flash thus "disabled." (Snapshot taken from my browser).

Capture.JPG