SOLVED

Enable Flash per Site

Brass Contributor

I still have a few sites which depend on Flash, unfortunately it appears as though Microsoft has completely removed any option to turn it on per site. Therefore I was hoping there was a flag of sorts which I could enable to turn on flash for some sites ?

20 Replies
We have an old HP EVA with a fFash based Management Website. This will changed to a newer Storage soon. But in the meantime we solved this with changing the local date/time on one PC to a point of time in the past.
This is temporarly and not for daily use.
Flash is over.
That is only solution, set the date of the PC to the past.
It helps, except the extension doesn't support action script 3. If you know of an alternative, otherwise I'll contact the author of the extension.
best response confirmed by Reprobus R (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Yes. They are working on it, but seems to be a long way. ( https://ruffle.rs/#compatibility )
In the edge extension store are lots of flash emulators - don't know how they can do action script 3.

Sorry and good luck.

Właśnie dla bezpieczeństwa Microsoft zrezygnował z takiej możliwości myślę że to nie wymaga dodatkowych wyjaśnień.
Musimy zmieniać nawyki !
English, please.
Dlaczego wszyscy chcą udowadniać że przestarzałe produkty są nadal dobre !
Ja o nich szybko chce zapomnieć polecam to rozwiązanie

Przepraszam!  Że nie piszę po angielsku bo Mój Edge tłumaczy fantastycznie i ja nie robię z tym problemu !

Mój Edge ma to w kontekście i działa niezawodnie  -   tłumaczy w 2 kliknięciach  Polecam !

Dziękuję za sugestie

@Reprobus R Try Google Translator 

It was for the sake of security that Microsoft gave up such a possibility, I think it does not require any additional explanations. We have to change habits!

Hope this is correct?

Win

Tru. Dodam że   flash jest  jak otwarta książka i każdy może zobaczyć co jest w środku !

to właśnie jest zagrożeniem !

Tym niemniej   jest konieczność zakończenia współpracy  bezpowrotnie !

dziękuje 

Przepraszam! Że nie piszę po angielsku bo Mój Edge tłumaczy fantastycznie i ja nie robię z tym problemu !

Mój Edge ma to w kontekście i działa niezawodnie - tłumaczy w 2 kliknięciach Polecam !

Dziękuję za sugestie

Tags:Edge tłumaczy doskonale !
Yeah, Edge auto translates your comments to English flawlessly ^^

and instead of Edge, technologies like HTML5, CSS3, JS and SVG are a lot more capable than flash.
Dziękuję !
Jeżeliś jest działanie Edge bardzo dobre to trzeba o tym Mówić !
Miliony ludzi nie wie że Edge jest jeszcze Lepszy !
Są przyzwyczajeni do przestarzałych przeglądarek i boją się cokolwiek zmienić na lepsze !
Pozdrawiam
Yes i agree, we have to share the new Edge with others, on social media or anywhere else.
some people might think it's the same old Edge that was bad, but the new one is better than Firefox and Chrome :)
Fantastycznie że zostałem dobrze zrozumiany !
Ja świadomie wybieram Microsoft Edge bo wiem co potrafi !
Uważam że Zarząd PR Microsoft pracuje za mało !
Są nie skuteczni !
Ja bym chciał żeby jeszcze przed uruchomieniem funkcji już
trwała kampania a użytkownicy sami pytali kiedy to będzie ?dostępne !
Microsoft tworzy dobre produkty ale brakuje Takiego
prawdziwego mechanizmu powiadomień !

The community responses are correct I believe solved your issue.

However, I strongly recommend you to consider moving from Flash Player as soon as possible.

It is not Microsoft but most browsers like Firefox or Chrome also stop support for the Flash Player.

Świetnie !
Obecnie aktualizacje automatycznie odinstalują Flash - ja już 2 lata wyłączyłem!
Idziemy do przodu !
Yeah I agree,
but there are some people that don't look too many prompts, notifications, ads or emails from Windows or Microsoft, so they have to keep it balanced.
it's a good thing that Microsoft automatically replaced old Edge with the new one though.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Reprobus R (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Yes. They are working on it, but seems to be a long way. ( https://ruffle.rs/#compatibility )
In the edge extension store are lots of flash emulators - don't know how they can do action script 3.

Sorry and good luck.

View solution in original post